From weight loss & healthy skin, there are plenty of reasons to reduce your daily sugar intake. We all know getting rid of sugar is important, but it’s so tough, SUGAR IS EVERYWHERE!! When you cut back on sugar, you’ll quickly start to feel more energized and focused, so it’s worth the effort! These tips/guide will help you get through the initial days of cutting back on sugar.
1. DON’T GO COLD TURKEY – Cutting out all sugar at once can backfire and lead to bingeing. (I’m sure we’ve all done that!) Moderation is key to maintaining a balanced diet. Although some foods do offer more nutritional value than others, you don’t necessarily have to cut out everything you enjoy. It’s important to know what you need nutritionally and where you can find it, so you can take charge of balancing your needs for pleasure, nutrition and fuel.
2. DO EAT NATURAL FORMS OF SUGAR EACH DAY – Aim to one or two cups of fruit (berries, apples, oranges, or grapefruit). I personally enjoy my Sevenpoint2 Organic Greens mixed with my sevenpoint2 Protein shake every morning. Not only will you have more energy, but It will help you minimize and even eliminate your bad sugar cravings.
3. DON’T SKIMP ON SLEEP – Fewer than seven hours of shut-eye has been associated with sugar cravings in several studies. Aim to get at least 7 hrs or more of sleep at night!! Shut off all electronics at least 30 minutes before you plan to go to sleep.
4. DO STAY HYDRATED – When you have a hankering for sweets, you might be thirsty, not hungry. So having eight to 12 glasses a day will help eliminate false cravings. Try it, always have a water bottle with you and make it a point to sip on it all day long.
5. DON’T SKIP BREAKFAST, OR LUNCH OR DINNER! – If you are running on a empty stomach, you could overdo it when you finally eat and reach for sweet options. Eat every 2-3 hrs if necessary.
6. DO DOUBLE UP ON VEGGIE INTAKE – Vegetables are high in fiber, which helps fill you up and stabilizes your blood sugar. Maintain that satisfied feeling by eating protein (like chicken, fish, Greek yogurt) at every meal. Again, that is why I love my Sevenpoint2 shake combination. I get the whole deal plus I know it’s raw (not cooked), 100 percent Organic and it’s easy and quick to make!
With a few smart swaps and some good old-fashioned willpower, nothing is going to stop you! You’ve got this, go ahead and kick that sugar habit to the curb!
REMEMBER, IT’S EASY, IT’S FUN, IT’S DO LIFE FIT!!!